We have developed a range of activity and information resources for schools, community groups and individuals that accompany our displays.
These laminated A3 bird of prey posters have been created to highlight the remarkable features of raptors and to supplement the information provided in our environmental education programs. They are available at a cost of $15 each (plus postage) from our shop here.
- The Australian Diurnal Birds of Prey poster is a comparison chart focusing on Australian species, the physical differences and adaptions of various taxonomic groups and their conservation status.
- The Barn Owl poster features close up photography of many of the adaptions that make this favourite owl such a perfect nocturnal predator. It also features a series of photographs of our own Eggy to show ‘the growth of a Barn Owl’ from age 21 days to adult.
In addition to our educational posters, we have created a number of resources that are available at no cost and can be accessed simply by emailing us directly. These free resources are listed below:
Resources for School groups
- Fun two-page activity sheet for primary school students
- The key adaptions of birds of prey two-page information sheet (understanding their prowess and amazing abilities)
- Instructions and activity sheets to accompany Owl pellet dissection lesson
Resources for Community groups
- Fun two-page activity sheet for children aged 5 – 12 years
- Basic needs of birds of prey information sheet (understanding their habitat needs)